Applications are now available for families who want to enroll their children in Total Community Action’s Head Start program in Orleans Parish.
Head Start provides a broad range of services in addition to classroom education. Health, nutrition, and family support services are complemented by a vast array of Total Community Action programs, which support families in all areas of their lives. With this holistic approach, Total Community Action positions families and children for success in school and life.
To qualify, children must live in Orleans Parish. Applications will be accepted the week of July 27th – July 31st at all ten TCA Head Start locations on Monday, Wednesday and Friday 9 AM – Noon and on Tuesday and Thursday from 3 PM to 6 PM. All center locations are listed below as well as recruitment documents needed to complete an application.
For more information, please call the TCA Head Start main office at 504-309-3503.
The following Head Start centers will be accepting applications:
|Serving pregnant women, and infants 6 weeks — children age 4||Serving children 3 years – 4 years|
|Gentilly East Head Start Center
4347 Reynes St
New Orleans, LA 70126
|Carrollton-Dunbar Head Start Center
9301 Colapissa St
New Orleans, LA 70118
|Pearlie Hardin Elloie Head Start Center
3029 Wall Blvd.
New Orleans, LA 70114
|Diana Head Start Center
2144 Pace Blvd.
New Orleans, LA 70114
|James Singleton Head Start Center
14441 Curran Blvd.
New Orleans, LA 70128
|St. David Head Start Center
1230 Caffin Ave.
New Orleans, LA 70117
|Magic Street Head Start at Fabourg Lafitte
2101 Lafitte St
New Orleans, LA 70122
|Viney Reynolds Head Start Center
3501 Erato St.
New Orleans , LA 70113
|TCA Head Start @ Mahalia Jackson
Serving pregnant moms Infants 6wks-children 5 yrs
2405 Jackson Ave.
New Orleans, LA 70113
|Dr. Peter W. Dangerfield Head Start Training Center / Hope Early Head Start Center
1402 S. Jefferson Davis Pkwy.
New Orleans, LA 70125
The following documents are needed when completing the Head Start Application:
- Proof of Income: (at least one of the following)
- Consecutive check stubs (last 4)
- current award letter(s), Social Security, SSI, TANF, and/or Grants/Financial Aid
- School Financial Assistance award letter (Grants/Scholarships/Work Study)
- Current Food stamp printout
- Child’s Birth Certificate
- Child’s Immunization Record (updated)
- Medical Insurance Card
- WIC Voucher
- Social Security Card(s) for child(ren) enrolling in the Head Start Program
- Picture Identification of parent(s)/guardian(s)
- Proof of Residency for the parent or guardian (utility bill, lease, HANO statement)
- Proof of Guardianship (if you are not the parent)