New Orleans, La- Total Community Action, Inc. will host several Super Low Income Home Energy Assistance Days for residents of Orleans Parish in need of utility assistance Monday, January 12 through Friday, January 16, 2015. TCA will be providing all LIHEAP services on a first- come, first-served basis. No appointments required. To be eligible for Regular LIHEAP services client cannot have received assistance in the last six month or have been seen after July 11, 2014. To be eligible for CRISIS LIHEAP client cannot have received assistance in the last twelve months or have been seen after January 11, 2014.
The Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) is designed to help low-income households pay their heating and cooling bills as well as increase their energy self- sufficiency. The program targets people with the lowest income and the highest energy cost based on income and family size. Payment is made directly to the utility provider on behalf of the recipient.
TCA will assist families at the following locations until all available serviceslots have been exhausted, doors open at 9:00 a.m. :
Monday, January 12, 2015
Senior Day (over 60)
Lower Ninth Ward
St. David Head Start
1230 Caffin Avenue
Tuesday, January 13, 2015
New Orleans East
Household of Faith
9300 I-10 Service Road
Wednesday, January 14, 2015
Cutoff NORDC Center
6600 Belgrade Street
Thursday, January 15, 2015
2200 Lafitte Street
Friday, January 16, 2015
John P. Lyons Center
624 Louisiana Avenue
Utility assistance will be given on a first-come, first-served basis. No appointments required.
To be seen recipients must have all required documentation:
1. Picture I.D.
2. Social Security or legal proof (All members of the household)
3. Proof of Residence
a. Non- Public Housing: Deeds, Homestead Exemption, Lease, or Rent Receipts
b. Public Housing & Section 8: Resident Worksheet (Full 2 pages from HANO office)
4. Proof of Income ALL INCOME MUST BE REPORTED. *If you have no income, please provide a contribution letter with picture ID of person contributing (The contributor cannot be a LIHEAP recipient) **
a. Last four Consecutive Check Stubs, Private Pension, or Unemployment
b. Benefits Award Letters 2015 (Social Security/ Veterans Pension),
c. Self-Employed ~Prior Tax Years Return
5. Food Stamp Print Out (Issuance must be within 30 days)
6. Energy Bill Print Out
7. Any household member 18 or older must be present unless on food stamp print out
8. Applicants for crisis must have an extenuating circumstance, a disconnect notice in and of itself no longer makes the client eligible.